Re: Oracle 9i Tunning

From: Zbrk <zivjeli_at_veselili.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:57:25 +0200

Joe <joegenshlea_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:jWGR8.139109$nZ3.58300_at_rwcrnsc53...

> Here is what I have done so far.
> - Created a temporary 4GB tablespace and set it to default for the
 user
> account I use.
> - increased the sort_area_size for the session to 1GB.
> - specify nologging and paralell 2 in the create index DDLs
>
> Is this the best I can do to maximize sort procesess?
>
> Joe

It seems to me that you set sort_area_size to very large value. Yours two parallel processes will use 2 GB of merory. Set sort_area_size to less value, first try 10M and examine you report.txt. If there is lot of disk sorts increase yours sort_are_size. I think that 1 GB is too much.

Regards Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 08:57:25 CEST

Original text of this message