Oracle 9i Tunning

From: Joe <joegenshlea_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:30:23 GMT

Hi,

Environment: Oracle 9i running on Windows 2000. Hardware: Dual AMD, 2 Gig Ram, RAID 5 disk array (ATA/100) Application: Datawarehousing

I am process of evaluating Oracle 9i and SQL server for a datawarehouse application and have some questions on how to tune 9i to maximize performance on index building and sorting in general.

There is a large fact table (80 million rows) that I am testing in both environments (SQL and Oracle). I am attempting to build an index on the table want to insure that I have things set up so that Oracle will use as much memory and processor as possible. When building indexes Oracle is using about 400MB or the 2 Gigs of RAM and only uses 10%-15% of one processsor and 0% of the other.

Here is what I have done so far.

Is this the best I can do to maximize sort procesess?

Joe Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 17:30:23 CEST

Original text of this message