proxy authentication with 9i and Java J2EE

From: Normand Rivard <rivardn_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:34:30 -0400

Hi,

We have a hard time trying to use proxy authentication from a Java servlet on IBM Websphere 4 using Oracle 9i (WinNT on the OCI client and HPUX on the server).

  • First of all, we couln't get the connection using JNDI and the OCI driver (but it works with the thin driver). We seem to be forced to bind ourself instead of using the datasource.
  • Then, proxy authentication seems to bypass the connection pooling of J2EE. Monitoring on the server side, a new connection is given everytime. Looks like we can't have both connection pooling *and* proxy authentication at the same time.

Can someone help me on this or point me to some useful documentation on the subject?

Thanks Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 05:34:30 CEST

Original text of this message