Problems with occi on windows

From: Jesper Wolf Jespersen <oz8ace_at_qsl.net.spam>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:31:52 +0200

We are trying to get OCCI to work on the windows platform (NT/2000) and have encountered a rather strange problem.

When compiling the demo programs with the provided makefile things seem to work, but when we enable debugging we get problems as soon as the createconnection method is called.
Using MSVC 6 we get an assertion error indicating that the createconnection method has corrupted the heap.
Uning MSVC 7 we get an application error popup telling us an illegal memory adress was being read.

I would like to know if these are known problems and if there is a workarround.

The code we have written our selves has the same problem when compiled and linked with the debugging libraries, but seem to work when compiled without debugging info.

I dont realy trust a library that exibits this kind of behaviour, if it trashes the memory arena then that problem will probably show up sometime in the application we write. And it is a major inconvenience not being able to debug our own code.

I would like to know if any of you are using OCCI on the windows platform and what your experiences are.

I would hate to se my project fail because there is an inherent error in the OCCI library.

Greetings from denmark
Jesper Wolf Jespersen Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 00:31:52 CEST

Original text of this message