Re: Starting Oracle 8.1.7 on boot

From: adurbin <adurbin_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:34:47 GMT

"Vladimir Andreev" <1meter_at_beer.com> wrote in message news:e2683c0b.0206140327.5ec82552_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,

 snip

> This said, I'd like to join Daniel's opinion that running Oracle out
> of a mapped drive is asking for trouble. For one, your database's
> availability depends on the well-being of two computers and the
> network link between them, instead of just on one computer.
>
> Cheers,
> Flado

Check what account the OracleService<SID> is running with. If it is the SYSTEM account, then the drive mapping to the other server would be invalid since the local system account has no privileges to connect to another server. When you logon to the server the drive mapping would be ok since the account you are logging on with should have the appropriate privileges to the other server's share point.

Have you checked the event logs for any messages that would help shed light? Received on Sat Jun 15 2002 - 08:34:47 CEST

Original text of this message