Re: Becoming a Database Administrator

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 14:22:47 GMT

Blackie,

Basically, just by doing the work and taking a few classes from Oracle later on. Reading the electronic documentation from Oracle is a good place to start - and I routinely refer back to it as well. It can be an overwhelming task to learn all of the stuff you need to know. Here are a few scripts which might help you understand the many tasks which are required:

http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_files_sol90 1.html

You can download all of the scripts and have them available on your own computer if you like:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson