O8i & O9i, which one is more faster?

From: ZhangBin <zhangb_at_public.bta.net.cn>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:08:01 +0800

Hello, every body:

I made a test with the following functions for both Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i on a same machine, the test progress is take operation to all 10000 records, the final result is:

Function            8i                  9i
Insert            45195ms            68409ms
Select             9274ms            13480ms

Who can tell me why the Oracle 8i is faster than the 9i? As a natural understanding, the 9i should be more faster than 8i.

The following is my test environment.

Server:     Win2K + SP2, and reinstall the entire system after one test.
Client:     Win2K + SP2, and reinstall the entire system after one test.

Thanks!!!
Bin Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 16:08:01 CEST

Original text of this message