Re: sorry but Oracle v SQLServer again

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 06:21:27 GMT

The DBA should be able to dial in and take care of it. This is really no different than the occasional consultant that companies tell a ton of valuable stuff - even better they have the person all the time. Also if you had 20 to 40 and 2 dba's then someone could take a vacation every so often. I'm for it.
Jim
"Jerason Banes" <jbanes_at_techie.com> wrote in message news:PR9M8.5422$Sx.403764503_at_newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Interesting idea! My only question is how the DBA should access these
 boxes?
> Somewhere like downtown Chicago would work fine for running around town to
> take care of the various DBs, but in many areas the companies may be
> separated by as much as 50 miles. One solution is VPN networking. A large
> number of businesses these days have VPNs set up. How they would feel
 about
> sharing access with a consultant is another matter.
>
> Maybe someone out there in the sort of position to make these decisions
> could add their 2 cents in here? I'd be tremendously interested in seeing
> how companies felt about this sort of thing. (Not to mention that I
 wouldn't
> mind making $500K a year! ;-))
>
> Jerason Banes
>
> --
> Need a good Database managment solution?
> http://java.dnsalias.com
>

> > Perhaps it is time for someone to start a company that shares out senior
 Oracle