Informix Gateway & Oracle Forms

From: Naeem <naeem.saleem_at_mandg.co.uk>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 08:11:14 -0700

Hi

I want to use Oracle Forms 4.5 or 6i to be able to create a simple front end which will enable me to Update/Delete/Insert/Select etc...

The View which this form will be based on resides in an Oracle (8.1.7) database BUT is based on a single table from an Informix database via a Gateway.

The problem is that I get locking problems in Forms when I try to Update a record: e.g "FRM-40501 unable to reserve a record for update" - the insert and delete are also tempramental. I have played around with various scenarious (On-Lock trigger etc) but not much joy.

If anyone can advice me on this aspect it will be immensely appreciated.

Many thanks Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 17:11:14 CEST

Original text of this message