Re: sorry but Oracle v SQLServer again

From: Tom Swier <tswier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 05:59:25 -0700

Just to put in my 2 cents worth. A few years ago Sybase all but gutted their support department in an ill-advised (in my opinion) restructuring effort. I have not heard that the department ever recovered from that. Service and support suffered as a result which is exactly what you would expect. The people they have left are very good but there are simply not enough of them. I would agree strongly with Mr. Morgan about available resources. The Sybase installation I worked on was heavily into replication and the only information I could find on it was what Sybase put out and there was not much of that. There was just no information about Sybase replication to be had outside of Sybase. Things to consider. Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 14:59:25 CEST

Original text of this message