Re: help Oracle Backup

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:12:50 GMT

Just to be safe, before you do anything else, you might want to do a full database export like this:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/sol_901_32bit_files/in stallgen_sol901_35_.html

or do an RMAN backup with a script like this: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_win901_29_. html

Then, once you have a good backup with one of these Oracle utilities you can do whatever else you might desire from Visual Basic. I am not sure how you will actually achieve a good backup with Visual Basic, backups are always handled by Oracle utilities.

David Simpson