Re: oracle for solaris

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 23:33:50 -0700

"David Simpson" <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net> wrote in message news:<7SVK8.98524$352.4416_at_sccrnsc02>...
> Manny,
>
> You can download directly from Oracle's OTN web site. Go to the link from
> the Oracle home page, register (it is free) for OTN membership, agree to the
> license terms and you are ready to get your software.

> > could someone tell me where i can download oracle 8 for solaris OS for
>> free thanks in advance manny

I don't think so. He's talking about *Oracle 8* and you can't get these old version from OTN, just the one before last. So right now he can download 9i + 8i, but definitely not 8. The only way is to contact his local Oracle branch if they can help him.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.