Oracle Forms 4.5 on Digital Unix to Forms 6i on Solaris 8

From: Christine <cfvigil_at_cs.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 12:26:47 -0700

We are in the process of entirely upgrading our lab. I would like to know in which order would be best to upgrade our Forms. Our forms(4.5) are stored on DEC Alpha 2100, (digital UNIX), and we need to move them over to our Sun Server with Solaris 8. Do we have to install 4.5 on the solaris 8 machine first? Or would it be okay to convert our files to text, and then port (ftp) them over to the solaris machine(which already has the new versions of Oracle) and then just open up the files and compile them there?
I was wondering if anyone has ever done this before, and if there are any problems that have happened by doing so. Also if there are any suggestions, please include that too.
Thanks in Advance,
Christine Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 21:26:47 CEST

Original text of this message