Re: 5 year plan advice

From: Burt Peltier <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 13:22:40 -0500

"Will" <wkooiman_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:7256fcf8.0205312056.70f6b549_at_posting.google.com...
> "Burt Peltier" <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<uzAJ8.65064
>
> <snip>
>

> > Anything runs best on Unix because Unix is a superior operating system.
>

> Yes, I agree, but I didn't want to get into an operating system holy
> war.
>
> I've used Oracle on VMS, NT, MVS, and 4 flavors of Unix. Unix is
> better than any of the others. Come to think of it, so is any other
> software development.

Well, I do.

It's amazing how many people say the same thing as you about 'any' software development. Over my 21 years of experience, when I had to change operating system before (MVS, CMS, VMS, and Unix) , it was always obvious the new system was easier to develop AND support software on . All of this time the PC and Microsoft either didn't exist or was not much use for anything except putting together a presentation.

Now some people say Windows is best. I have reallllly tried to work on Windows NT (best version I hear before W2K).

It sucks. Period. It's like going backwards . Piece of crap can't even keep running for long . This on top of the stupid environment . And, Microsoft keeps throwing everything except the kitchen sink into the operating system. It's so bloated , every time a new Intel chip comes out, Windows consumes almost all the new power.

I suppose those Windows lovers don't miss what they never had ... a superior operating system like Unix. Received on Sat Jun 01 2002 - 20:22:40 CEST

Original text of this message