Re: Starting Career as an Oracle DBA

From: Pieter <phuiberts_at_ivwnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:36:26 -0400

I mostly agree with the reply except for the certification. The certification will not give you experience, but it will give thorough understanding. I consider that a good start!

I personally found that I was quite narrow in my developing skills when I was learning on my own, but doing the certification broadened up my skills. This is in fact now benefiting my developer skills.