How to import .dmp file to MS SQL Server 2000?

From: Jay <jay711685_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 08:37:06 -0700

I have MS SQL 2000 Server on NT 2000 server. Then I get a .dmp file from a client and need to import it into any other database server e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Progres, TXT, etc.

How can I do that? I don't have Oracle Database/Server installed. I just need to retrive the data, or convert it into the format above. The ASCII format would be fine--anything.

Do I need username/password for the file? My client doesn't know anything about the file, just need the data. How do I check if it is password protected? Is it mandatory for the file to have a username/password/owner?

Any tools out there? If it's affordable and worth it, I might have to buy. But I dont' want to spend $500 for one time use for this one file, well unless no any other choices.

Please help. Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 17:37:06 CEST

Original text of this message