Re: Oracle 9i / Linux install Help Please

From: Steven Webb <Swebb999_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:43:51 +0000 (UTC)

I've been looking into it a bit more and noticed the install wasn't creating a tnsnames files !!!! Im not an oracle guru so not a clue why this maybe. Anyway I editted my .bash_profile and set the TNS variable to point to the /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1/network/admin directory and everything went fine in the install !!! I also noticed that the tnsnames file was there. I now need to check out why after install the listener seems to give me errors. Now I know a little more I can check the details in the config files till I get it right.

As for my box its got 640mg memory and 1.2gig swap. I tried suse on it and oracle installed fine apart from some apache issues, but in the end I just found SUSE and bit of a pain because all of the software on the web comes in rpm's for redhat and I got fed up of compiling stuff for suse.