Re: oracle8i v815 patches

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 13 May 2002 00:14:48 -0700

"Han" <heilongjiang__at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3cdd615f$1_at_news.starhub.net.sg>...
> Hi,
>
> I need some help to locate the patches for Oracle8iEE (8.1.5)
>
> I was previously on MDAC 2.5, and my ASP page can connect to Oracle.
> But after installing MDAC 2.7, it failed to connect.
> I learnt from the MSDN website I have to get Oracle patches to fix this
> problem.
>
> Any help please?
> Thanks.

Patches are available generally available on Metalink, however 8.1.5 has been desupported quite a while ago and they usually remove the patches for desupported products. Please upgrade to 8.1.7 Generally speaking it is not advisable to upgrade any component, before finding out consequences for related products.

--
Regards
Sybrand Bakker