Re: Oracle Windows service does not start DB

From: Stjepan Brbot <stjepan.brbot_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:23:20 +0200

In my OP it has already been mentioned that service starts automatically so

in "HKLM\Software\Oracle\Home0\"

parameter "OracleServicePBASE" is set as TRUE

I do not have problem with starting service. When I run command: "NET START" I can see my started service, but this service does not startup my database instance.

Also, when I start "Orale Administration Assistance for Windows NT" it shows:
"Start up instance when service is started"=TRUE (checked)

However, THX on your efforsts.

--

Stjepan Brbot

"George Haddad" <george.haddad_at_rogers.com> wrote in message

> Check the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software-> Oracle For
> ORA_ORCL_AUTOSTART, maybe it is set to False. Kindly note that ORCL is
your
> SID.
>

> "Stjepan Brbot" <stjepan.brbot_at_zg.hinet.hr> wrote in message
> > On my computer (Windows 2000 Pro) I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 EE.
and
> > only one DB instance. Also, Oracle service on Windows is set to be
> > started manually and instance to be started automatically upon
starting
> > the service.
> >
> > Firstly everithing was working fine but few weeks ago (after Windows
> > found some disk problems and successfully solved them) something
strange
> > is happening.
> >
> > When I start service manually in command prompt:
> > D:\>net start OracleServiceXYZ
> >
> > I got the following:
> > D:\>net start OracleServiceXYZ
> > The OracleServiceXYZ service is starting.....
> > The OracleServiceXYZ service was started successfully.
> >
> > Even it seems that everything is OK, it's not. I cannot connect on
this
> > DB. When I try connection on DB I got this message:
> > "ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist"
> >
> > Then I have to start SVRMGRL, connect as INTERNAL and STARTUP
database
> > manually "once again", after that DB is started and works.
> > --
> >
> > D:\>svrmgrl
> >
> > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production
> >
> > Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
> >
> > Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> > With the Partitioning option
> > JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> >
> > SVRMGR> connect internal
> > Connected.
> > SVRMGR> startup
> > ORACLE instance started.
> > Total System Global Area 73127964 bytes
> > Fixed Size 75804 bytes
> > Variable Size 56197120 bytes
> > Database Buffers 16777216 bytes
> > Redo Buffers 77824 bytes
> > Database mounted.
> > Database opened.
> > SVRMGR> exit
> > Server Manager complete.
> >
> > D:\>
> >
> > --
> > Before problems with disk when I started service (and DB) manually I
was
> > getting:
> > D:\>net start OracleServiceXYZ
> > The OracleServiceXYZ service is

> > The OracleServiceXYZ service was started successfully.
> >
> > Notice much more dots (and time of course) after "The
OracleServiceXYZ