Re: Unusual tracing problem

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 19:11:06 GMT

"Ernesto Echeverria" <ernestoe_at_newsguy.com> wrote in news:abel8301eur_at_enews3.newsguy.com:

> In order to analyze the performance of sql statements during regular
> working hours, I intend to trace all the sessions in our environment,
> which is
>
> Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
> JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
>
> in a Red Hat Linux 6.2 machine.
>
> 1 of our internal applications uses Developer 2000, and another is a
> java app connecting with the database throgh a jdbc thin driver.
>
> for tracing, I have set the following lines:
>
> timed_statistics = true
> sql_trace = true
>
> in the initORCL file.
>
> However, not all the sessions are traced. I've checked and neither the
> Developer 2000 apps nor direct sessions with an old version of SQL Plus
> are traced. The java sessions are not traced either. Newer versions of
> SQL Plus are traced. Why is this?
>
> Even when using the trace_in_session procedures, it is not possible to
> trace those sessions.
> Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Place the following line in a/the logon trigger ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS '10046 TRACE NAME CONTEXT FOREVER, LEVEL 8' or place a variation of this line in the initSID.ora file & buonced DB. (I don't have the specific syntax memorized & don't want to bother dialing into my production DB.)

HTH & YMMV HAND! Received on Sat May 11 2002 - 21:11:06 CEST

Original text of this message