Lookup tables

From: Mahmudul Islam <mislam_at_cegisbd.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 01:32:20 -0700

We have 20/25 small lookup tables in our database. Each table has a primary key and the tables have foreign keys in different tables where there are thousands of records. We keep the lookup tables in the KEEP BUFFER POOL for their availability.
But what about their primary key indexes? Do we have to keep them in the buffer pool? Are indexes for small tables used in query or there is always full table scan? Can we use Index Organized Tables for lookup tables? Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 10:32:20 CEST

Original text of this message