Re: Which user owns a procedure call?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 7 May 2002 00:46:59 -0700

thanhh.nguyen_at_amd.com (Thanh) wrote in message news:<82cc18be.0205061334.56b36cc_at_posting.google.com>...
> In the different versions of Oracle, I seem to recall that in one
> version, if a user calls a procedure owned by a different user, the
> procedure is executed with the procedure owner's privileges, and in
> another version, it runs with the calling user's privileges. Is this
> really the case, and which version does which? Thanks.
>
> thanh

You must differentiate between definer's rights and invokers rights. Pre 8i the latter didn't exist, so definer's rights (owner of procedure) was the default.
In 8i and higher you can create a procedure with authid definer (the default) and authid invoker.
So, basically, it's all up to the developer

--
Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA