Re: Trigger does not work after client upgrade to 8.1.7

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:27:30 +0200

justin wrote:

> Well, still one more question
>
> Playing around with creating links and testing the effects.
>
> I get a logical behavior now with global_names etc.
>
> But in user_db_links on the prod system I have the domain not only as
> a suffix to db_link but for the host as well.
>
> Now on the test db I' m currently experimenting I have:
>
> db_link host
> ora81.justin.home ora82
>
> why isn't there a domain added to ora82
> At our main db there is a domain added to both
> (global_name is set true on main and the test db)
>
> thx
> justin

To answer both postings:
- you may define global_dbname in tnsnames and listener.ora, IIRC.

   Check the examples diry for extended config files, with embedded    options.
   So, there (possibly) is a connection between global dbname and tns.

  • cannot explain why, not knowing your environment, but there's nothing against defining a db link as "ora82.justin.home" (without the ", of course ;-) ) This is generally a good idea: specify whatever, even if defaults` apply. Makes code easier to maintain.

hth, frank Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 21:27:30 CEST

Original text of this message