Re: oracle sizing estimates

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 22:14:57 +0200

Welshboy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know how we estimate space requirements for an Oracle
> Financials database, are there any algorithms we can use? We've been
> asked to estimate based on 19.5 million transactions of 200 chars
> (unpacked) per year. Platform is Tru64
>
> Cheers

Depends.

- what options will you use?
- what will be your peak load?
- what is the required maximum reposonse time?
Keep in mind you space requirements are not the issue, disks are. Response time and load maxima are heavily based on the max # of spindles you have. More spindles = faster database

Why not ask an Oracle Apps rep to do the math Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 22:14:57 CEST

Original text of this message