Synchronizing Oracle 9 and SQL Server 7 databases

From: David <de22_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 May 2002 15:42:12 -0700

I do not have much experience with Oracle databases, but I am looking for the simplest possible way to effectively "mirror" data between Oracle and SQL Server, or at least keep table data synchronized either in real time, or as a job that runs at some interval. Ideally, I would like to have update and insert statements that the Oracle db executes pass through to SQL Server as they happen. Conversely, I would like the same process to work in the other direction when update and insert statements are executed on SQL Server. Can anyone describe the fundamental steps I might take to make this happen including pre-requisites, or is this not feasible at all? I have read through the Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQL Server documentation, but I am not sure from what I read if this is the best approach. Is it more advisable to take a different approach entirely to keep these databases in sync with each other? Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 00:42:12 CEST

Original text of this message