Trigger does not work after client upgrade to 8.1.7

From: justin <justin_at_home>
Date: 29 Apr 2002 10:36:10 -0500

I use a simple trigger to keep a table in three databases synchronized all worked fine with client 8.0.5 server 8.1.6.

Now we are testing client 8.1.7 because another application needs it.

The front end application is in vb (third party)accessing the db via odbc.

the trigger looks like this:
and I have two database links for mcct and mcc

TRIGGER copy_ap
 after insert or update on aptabelle
for each row
begin

if updating then

update aptabelle_at_mcct set

apraum = :new.apraum,
apmemo = :new.apmemo,
apfree = :new.apfree,
apnetadress = :new.apnetadress,

apkhfarefnr = :new.apkhfarefnr
where aprefnr=:new.aprefnr;

update aptabelle_at_mcc set

apraum = :new.apraum,
apmemo = :new.apmemo,
apfree = :new.apfree,
apnetadress = :new.apnetadress,

apkhfarefnr = :new.apkhfarefnr
where aprefnr=:new.aprefnr;

else

insert into aptabelle_at_mcct
( APREFNR, APNAME, APRAUM, APMEMO,
 APFREE, APNETADRESS, APKHFAREFNR )
VALUES
(:new.aprefnr,:new.apname,:new.apraum,
:new.apmemo,:new.apfree,:new.apnetadress,:new.apkhfarefnr);

insert into aptabelle_at_mcc
( APREFNR, APNAME, APRAUM, APMEMO,
 APFREE, APNETADRESS, APKHFAREFNR )
VALUES

(:new.aprefnr,:new.apname,:new.apraum,
:new.apmemo,:new.apfree,:new.apnetadress,
:new.apkhfarefnr);

end if;
end;

Now after the update I can still get the trigger doing it's job when i do a manual update with toad or sql*plus. But if the change is done in the vb front end application I get an error and I can't save or make any changes at all.

I updated the odbc driver to 8.1.7.6 but that did not solve the problem.
Is there an default session limit, connection limit introduced as a default with 8.1.7 that could keep this trigger from running? Or is there a mistake and the 8.0.5 client just did not bother?

Why can the local client version influence a trigger running on the server anyways?

Any suggestions where to search?

thanks

justin Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 17:36:10 CEST

Original text of this message