Re: Trying to use SQL*Plus for the first time.... Help Please!!

From: Bricklen Anderson <bricklen_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:40:48 GMT

use the net8 asst. to fix your tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files so that they reference the database on your home computer. Log in to server manager (svrmgrl in your $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory) using sys/change_on_install or system/manager or scott/tiger as your default user/password. That's a start. If that doesn't work, then post here again with the new error messages, Oracle version (eg. 8.1.7), and what you have done to date to fix the problem. I'd suggest also reading the concepts and net8 administrators guides to start (or at least using them as reference) at http://tahiti.oracle.com . You'll need to sign up for a technet account at the www.oracle.com site.

hth

Bricklen

--
* http://pipers.hypermart.net *