Re: Alex Filonov

From: Tristan <Tristan_member_at_newsguy.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2002 13:23:59 -0700

Hi Alex

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately the people responsible for backups were 'unable to deliver a consistent backup' - so, no other option than to reinstall and do an import. 11 days work lost.

FYI - it was not possible to drop and re-create the corrupt datafile as the database didn't open due to the error. To me this seemed like a deadlock: I could not open the database, and if I wanted to repair/re-create the datafile, I needed the database open.

Am up and running now - but your advice has been saved and is appreciated. I hope it will be okay for me to ask again another time.

Thanks again - Tristan Received on Sun Apr 28 2002 - 22:23:59 CEST

Original text of this message