Oracle 9i - Procedure Builder hangs!

From: Vassil Popov <vdpopov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 05:16:04 -0700

Hi everbody! Can anyone help me?

The problem is that we have changed Oracle 8i with Oracle 9i and Procedure Builder starts hanging!

Me and my colegues are developing an application based on PL/SQL. We are using Procedure Builder 6.0.8.13.0 that cames with Oracle Forms And Reports 6i rel. 2. (the version of Procedure Builder is 6.0.8.13.0). Till friday we have used Oracle 8i Standart Edition and everithing was fine. At saturdat I have replaced Oracle 8i with Oracle 9i Standart Edition (9.0.1.1.1). Now, no meter what kind of procedure we try to debug - some simple code or some more complex - Procedure Builder hangs after few trace steps!

Operating systems I have tried as server OS are MS Windows 2000 and MS Windows XP. On client stations we are using MS Windows 98 SE, MS Windows 2000 and MS Windows XP. Also I have created the database using diferent templates - as "Data Warehouse", "Transaction Processing" and "General Purpose". I have tried all of the combinations - server/client OS and database templates. The result is the same - Procedure Builder hangs!

Finaly I have decided to return to well known Oracle 8i - and everithing was perfect! Just replacing the vesrion of the Oracle server - no changes on clients, network, etc.

Well, but Oracle declares that Oracle 8i will not be sold anymore - our clients have to buy Oracle 9i.

Oracle can't solve our problem! What to do? Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance! Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 14:16:04 CEST

Original text of this message