Re: Giving "like owner" permissions for users on Oracle

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 04:59:07 -0700

One way to do it would be to create a role, grant the privileges necessary to do the tasks to the role, and then grant the role to the users.

                                           Rick

In article <3bd6ece1.0204242255.2e179f02_at_posting.google.com>, xnatch_at_yahoo.com says...

>Hello.
>Anyone knows if there is a way to give "owner permissions" to users?
>I mean, now some of the users in my organization MUST use the owner
>users for specific tasks. I would like them to work only with personal
>users.
>
>is this possible in Oracle 9i or in any other way?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Idan

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.