which JDBC?

From: Pumpkin <pumpkinhaze_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 02:15:33 -0700

I'm developing a java program to retrieve data from 2 bases one Oracle 7 and one Oracle 8. So I have several questions.

1- I'd like to know which JDBC i should use and where i can find it. Then once i have the correct JDBC how do i write the line to connect the distant bases?

2- Maybe i should use the jdbc-odbc driver? how do i write the "getConnection" line for a distant base? for example my Connection is "conn"

conn = DriverManager.getConnection( what do i put here? );

help me please it's urgent!
(and excuse me for my loosy english ^_^;)

Pierre Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 11:15:33 CEST

Original text of this message