Re: ERwin vs. Visio

From: J Quick <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:43:22 GMT

You might want to get the latest version so that you can find out for yourself about the "important capabilities that it doesn't have." I'm not an advocate for any particular tool, but I think they should be evaluated fairly based on the current features available, not by comparing the current version of one to some ancient version of another. Visio Pro v5 is at least two major releases out of date.

You apparently like ERWin, and there's no problem with that, but don't let your preference for it blind you to the potential value of other tools. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't trust anyone to evaluate the differences for me. Whenever a new product becomes available, I figure it's worth a brief hands-on evaluation, even if it's just to see how bad it is.

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/techinfo/articles/developerproductivity/or

 tools
 one
 tool