Re: Need your Advise

From: WhiteJul <whitejul_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:25:07 GMT

I just want an expert opinion, I know I can contact a sales rep or browse the oracle store, however, it would be a lot more beneficial for me and for other readers to see how our experts implemented their oracle systems and what they spent. Meaningfulness' answers would not help, would they?

> > Hello:
> >
> > My company is in the process to implement a database server that will be
> > used by more than a 100 users. The scenario is as follow:
> >
> > - All users access the company network authenticating through a Novell
> > server
> > - The platform for the database to be implemented would be Windows 2000.
 The
> > vendor recommends to acquire one stand alone Windows 2000 server to host
 the
> > oracle server, and another one that would contain the application.
> > - More than 100 users will be accessing the Novell server and probably
 not
> > more than 80 would be concurrently access the Oracle database and the
> > application.
> >
> > We need to know:
> >
> > - What kind of Windows 2000 server to buy and how many licenses
 (remember,
> > they would be stand alone or member servers, authentication would be
> > provided by the novell server)
> > - How much does the Oracle server 8.17 software cost, and how many
 Oracle