Re: Oracle Shudown problem on NT server

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:26:10 GMT

There are settings in the registry that are supposed to bring the DB down gracefully on shutdown, but I set them up proplerly and then just shutdown the OS on a test machine without bringing the DB down manually like I usually do, checked the alert log and noticed that it had not shutdown properly.

If you are running 8.1.7 then the patch# 2189751 is supposed to fix this.

I just downloaded it today, but haven't installed it yet to test it, hopefully next week.

hth