TTY BAD INPUT

From: Tobie Berthon <tberthon_at_adapsys.ca>
Date: 11 Apr 2002 08:59:48 -0700

I hope someone can help. We recently installed Oracle 8.1.7 and started to run parallels. However, once a day, the entire machine freezes up solid and has to be rebooted. We get this message in the AIX message log:

/h50data/common=>errpt -a |more

LABEL:          TTY_BADINPUT
IDENTIFIER:     C0073BB4

Date/Time:       Thu Apr 11 08:20:11
Sequence Number: 4395
Machine Id:      000045504C00
Node Id:         iata2
Class:           S
Type:            TEMP

Resource Name: tty0

Description
BAD TTYINPUT RETURN Failure Causes
IF THE ERROR CODE IS -1 OR ENOMEM, THEN THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SYSTEM IS OUT OF
 CBLOCKS.
NOISY PORT.
COMMUNICATIONS PROGRAM ERROR.

        Recommended Actions
        IF ERROR CODE IS -1 OR ENOMEM, THEN FIX THE NOISY PORT OR THE
COMMUNICAT
IONS PACKAGE.
        FOR OTHER ERROR CODES, THIRD PARTY VENDOR SOFTWARE MAY BE INVOLVED.
        IF PROBLEM PERSISTS, CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Detail Data
ERROR CODE AS DEFINED IN sys/errno.h

          -1

Has anyone ever seen this error before? Could it be caused by the patches installed to AIX prior to the Oracle upgrade? How much memory does ORACLE recommend to run 8.1.7 efficiently? How about if running 8.0.5 and 8.1.7 concurrently on the same box? Is more memory required? Our AIX person is on holidays. How do you determine the amount of memory installed on the box?
I know I'm not asking much! Any help would be appreciated. Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 17:59:48 CEST

Original text of this message