"illegal variable name/number" error when one more OUT param along with a ref cursor

From: a a dalvi <dalvi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2002 20:39:28 -0700

Hi

I have a PL/SQL procedure that takes 3 parameters (ename IN varchar2, x OUT varchar2, e_refcur OUT refcursor)
I am calling this proc from java code using Oracle oci8 jdbc driver.

When I make the 2nd parameter as IN OUT it works fine. But with parameter x as OUT it fails giving error that "illegal variable name/number"

Does anyone know whether I can have any additional OUT params in PL/SQL procedure when one parameter is already OUT RefCursor type ??? What's the problem and solution for my case ???

Please reply at earliest...

Amit Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 05:39:28 CEST

Original text of this message