Re: multiple listeners

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 8 Apr 2002 03:08:31 -0700

"news-server.optonline.net" <j_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:<OQJr8.188291$u77.38389928_at_news02.optonline.net>...
> The way we work it is the listener name would be listener_sid. We have one
> listener per database. I do not see what the issue with that is. This way,
> if you are doing work on one database, you can bring down the listener
> without affecting other databases. You can, in your listener.ora file, give
> other databases per listener in the sid_list. Do what you want.
>
> John

This is an obvious waste of resources, and also decreases the manageability of your configuration.
Excluding users from a database can be done be enabling restricted session mode.
This will of course not work, when all your users have the DBA role, which might well be true in your situation.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 12:08:31 CEST

Original text of this message