CTX / Intermedia query hangs with certain query

From: Steven Gilbert <stevenbgilbert_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 4 Apr 2002 04:06:49 -0800

Hi

I am running the following:
Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 with CTX (not sure of version or patch - do not know how to find out)
Redhat 7.1

I am indexing the words in a field in the database (trade table - description column).
 All this works great except that when I index the following

" TV-Out "

If I then do a search count for "tv" as in

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM trade tr WHERE
CONTAINS(tr.description,'(({tv}))',1)>0

the query just hangs and never returns, thus holding the connection open.
If I remove this entry from the database and recreate all the indexes for the column, and then run this query, it works.

I suspect that it might have something to do with the hyphen. I can recreate this problem with other hyphenated words such as "cd-writer" and then doing a

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM trade tr WHERE
CONTAINS(tr.description,'(({cd}))',1)>0

Does anybody know of anything I can do to fix this ? How do I find out what version of CTX and what patches I have. I can recreate this one my machines, but not on the machine of another site (which are identical except maybe for the versions).

Many thanks Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 14:06:49 CEST

Original text of this message