Re: Multiple table with the same primary key (design issue)

From: zhao yi <stevenzhaoyi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2002 12:32:57 -0800

slimdave_at_yahoo.com (Dave) wrote in message news:<c502cdfc.0204030659.6b905_at_posting.google.com>...
> Where I can see a valid use for this is in vertical partitioning of DW
> fact tables. It's not an everyday topic, but I've used it to get very
> good performance boosts.

Hi,
Considering the amount of data you are going to store, i highly recommend the partitioning table option.It also will accelerate the speed of retrieving data from you db.in 8i, oracle support fully partition, the details can be found in otn.oracle.com

good luck! Received on Wed Apr 03 2002 - 22:32:57 CEST

Original text of this message