Help Me -- Please!

From: Robert Tilley <tilleyrw_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:28:10 GMT

I am on the Oracle DBA path and have a fresh install of Oracle 8.1.7.0 on my linux box. If anyone can help clarify some questions, I would be very grateful and will send you much karma.

How do I start and use the Oracle application? In other words, how do I start a sqlplus session to create and interact with my database using the Oracle engine? I come from a Macintosh background, so my first impulses when dealing with a new environment are always to hunt through the GUI first -- and yes, I do use KDE.

--
Comments and further information are much appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw_at_cfl.rr.com