Re: sql processing of local tables

From: Jon Armstrong <jma00002_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:16:10 GMT

Richard,

First, of course you can create a flat file containing results of selected data from your database. There are many ways to do that, including sql/plsql processed in sqlplus -or- output produced from data obtained via some API to Oracle, like JDBC. As far as being able to run queries against this output data, you will probably want to define new tables to hold this data and then just access the data there, as well as send it to some loval file in whatever form you wish.

Regards... Jon

Jon Armstrong (Java, C, C++, Oracle, MySQL and much more) [ 24/7 Solutions - Any problem, on any platform, any time. ]