Re: Very Large OLTP Database

From: tingl <tlam15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 14:56:41 -0800

I can certainly sympathize with your situation. If high availability is critical to you, Oracle RAC may be the way to go. If implemented correctly with a lot of cash :), there should not be a single point of failure at the database level. You will have multiple instances plus mulitple copies of the data. Of course, ease of programming is an extra bonus. You may want to make sure Oracle has got all the major bugs worked out of 9i before putting it in production.