Re: Problem with oracle service

From: Steve <stevenmgarcia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2002 12:40:22 -0800

Oracle is trying to find a key in the registry that apparently doesn't exist. You should check the registry under the HKLM\Software\Oracle and see what exists. If it doesn't exist I'm not sure if creating the key is the way to go, becuase I don't know exactly what key it's looking for.

If you are stuck after that I would make a cold backup of the datafiles of any database(s) that are on that machine, then uninstall/reinstall Oracle 8.1.7. I'm surprised that Oracle didn't create these keys in the first place. Before you do this you might want to examine the log files that Oracle made when you installed it in the first place.

Steve Garcia