Re: Where can I find some sample data

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:45:47 GMT

in article Xmym8.20393$Ff3.2460624_at_news20.bellglobal.com, News at thilbig_at_hotmail.com wrote on 3/21/02 8:25 PM:

> I have many Access sample databases, such as Microsoft's "Northwind Traders"
> sample database. Its a fairly small and simple database, but still about
> 500 times larger than the scott/tiger database (which also is the only
> samples I could find in my $ORACLE_HOME/ora91/rdbms/demo directory)

Given that you are using Oracle9i, look at the sample databases that come with the seed database during install. There are a number of very useful schemas fully populated with data - see
http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/obe-in /html/sschema/sschema.htm for a full dscription of the sample schemas provided. Received on Fri Mar 22 2002 - 16:45:47 CET

Original text of this message