Help: bequeath?

From: Winbatch <winbatch_at_techie.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:41:42 -0500

Hi,
I need some help. I have been asked to modify our 8.1.6 oracle installation on solaris machine so that clients can connect based on unix username. I think this is called bequeath? I did some poking/asking around and I created a username called OPS$woba where woba is the name of the unix user I want to use. I was told all I needed to do was create the user, grant it select and resource rights and that the user would be able to do sqlplus without any parameters: sqlplus /

Unfortunately, this is not working. I think because I think I need to do something special on the server side to set this up. Could someone point me in the right direction? Do I need to add a special listener of some sort?

Thanks
Winbatch Received on Fri Mar 22 2002 - 05:41:42 CET

Original text of this message