Re: Where can I find some sample data

From: News <thilbig_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:25:02 -0500

Paul,

The scripts at asktom.oracle.com create high-volume of random data. That would be useful if I was running some performance or availability tests, which I am not. I am trying to demonstrate a web-based query/reporting tool so I need some data that looks as real as possible (but is neither proprietary, confidential nor copyrighted).

I have many Access sample databases, such as Microsoft's "Northwind Traders" sample database. Its a fairly small and simple database, but still about 500 times larger than the scott/tiger database (which also is the only samples I could find in my $ORACLE_HOME/ora91/rdbms/demo directory) . The Northwind sample looks pretty good for my demonstration so I think I'll port it to Oracle -- I just hope I don't get served a restrain order from either Larry or Bill.

Tom

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:12:618861::NO::F4950_P12_DATE_YYYY MMDD:20020312#tag2151576678914