SQL*Loader and LOBFILES, cannot span transactions

From: David Van Horn <david_at_vanhorn.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 18:49:21 -0800

I am having trouble importing using SQl*Loader and LOBFILES.

I am using the following CONTROL file for SQL*Loader...

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'import.dat'
INTO TABLE Documents
APPEND
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '`'
( document_id SEQUENCE (MAX,1),
  name,
  ext_fname FILLER CHAR(80),
  text LOBFILE(ext_fname) TERMINATED BY EOF)

and my import.dat file looks like this....

somename`...`text/doc.00000.txt
somename`...`text/doc.00001.txt

somename`...`text/doc.99999.txt

And when I run SQL*Loader everything starts off fine, giving me output like this...

Commit point reached - logical record count 34 Commit point reached - logical record count 68

Until I get to some point along the way where this happens...

Commit point reached - logical record count N ORA-22990: LOB locators cannot span transactions

Where N is some number, usually between 2000 and 4000, but it does vary.

What is going wrong here?
I read the documentation about LOB locators can not span transactions, but this doesn't seem to apply to what I am doing.

-David Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 03:49:21 CET

Original text of this message