Re: Charts for a lazy DBA

From: Not Me <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:27:16 GMT

Unfortunately you won't find a corporate-sponsored performance comparison chart. Those are restricted by the EULAs. However...SQL Server 7 has a known bug when doing (at least partial, not sure about full) text searches on fields. Apparently a) it's very very slow, and b) all searches are sequential, so only a limited number of users can do the search at any given time.

You don't specify what the feature is that's very slow, so I don't know if that helps any :) The bug is apparently fixed in SQL Server 2000.