Displaying images in ASP from Oracle 8i BLOB

From: Ruaridh <maccallr_at_odl.co.uk>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 00:29:10 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if its realistically possible to display images that are stored in an Oracle 8i database directly onto an asp page.

I have got this far....

  1. I have a procedure with which I can sucessfully load a j-peg into a BLOB column.
  2. I understand that the Response object has to be set to "image/jpeg" and this asp page will only be able to dispaly an image and nothing else(?)
  3. I believe that (unlike SQL server) Oracle cannot manipulate LOB columns directly from SQL, but rather the DBMS_LOB package has to be used in a procedure / function. 4)I have a procedure and a function which can both load my j-peg image into a RAW datatype.

BUT, as usual, I can find very little info. on how to successfully operate these procedures from an asp page.

Has anyone done this?
I'm trying Response.BinaryWrite, is this correct?

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has made this work, or perhaps seeing some code samples.

Thank you.
Ruaridh. Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:29:10 CET

Original text of this message