Re: set pause on

From: Sanjay Raj <rsanjaynj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 05:39:53 -0800

"justme" <someq_at_rogers.com> wrote in message news:<NoAj8.6698$lM.5233_at_news2.bloor.is>...
> spool the results to a file.
>
> "Carmela" <carmela_wong_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks !
> >
> > This is really strange. When I issue a set pause on in Oracle 9i, it
> > does not mind. But when I run a select query after that hoping to see
> > a pagewise display, Oracle just closes down rudely as though I had
> > issued a quit. Does anyone have a solution ? Has this happened with
> > anyone else too ?
> >
> > Please help urgently as I am unable to see any data in the database
> > except the last few records where the scrolling stops when I have not
> > issued set pause on.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > Carmela

Please go to SQLPLUS and type SHOW ALL. This will list all the SET commands presently enabled. Check if U have something set like SET TERMOUT OFF which is preventing Oracle to display the results.DO U get the results when u set PAUSE OFF? Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 14:39:53 CET

Original text of this message